Gnocchi w/ Nduja Butter & Stracciatella
- 1 portion fresh potato gnocchi
- 1 portion danspasta homemade tomato Sauce (1/2 jar)
- 1 knob pepe saya nduja butter 25g (or regular butter)
- 1 clove sliced garlic (or danspasta garlic oil)
- 1 handful grated parmesan (about 20g)
- 1 handful basil leaves (5-6 leaves)
- 1 tablespoon stracciatella (or burrata)
step 1: add one knob of nduja butter to a saucepan on low heat. keep an eye on it while finely slicing one clove of garlic.
step 2: once melted, add the sliced garlic to the pan.
step 3: drop the potato gnocchi into salted boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes
step 4: pour the homemade tomato sauce into the pan, stir and season to taste.
step 5: once the potato gnocchi pieces have floated to the top, place into the pan and stir. add a small handful of grated parmesan and toss in the basil leaves. gently stir through.
step 6: spoon into a serving bowl and place a dollop of stringy stracciatella on top. squeeze over fresh lemon juice (optional) and enjoy!
note: nduja is a Calabrian sausage that adds a uniquely spicy taste to your cooking and works really well with a creamy cheese such as stracciatella. i am using the tasty nduja flavoured butter by @pepesaya