pappardelle w/ lamb mince ragu
A simple yet delicious lamb ragu that would pair perfectly with a glass of red!
- 1 portion fresh pappardelle
- 1 portion danspasta homemade tomato sauce (1/2 jar)
- 200g lamb mince
- 1 splash of red wine
- 1 small handful of diced celery, onion, carrots
- 1 clove sliced garlic (or danspasta garlic oil)
- handful of mixed herbs e.g. basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme (dried can also be used)
- 1 handful grated parmesan (about 20g)
step 1: sweat the lamb mince in an oiled pan on medium heat, until golden and set aside
step 2: on medium heat, cook the garlic, onions, carrots and celery for a few minutes until soft and translucent. add the lamb to the pot and mix
step 3: add wine and reduce for a few minutes by half. add tomato sauce and herbs and gently simmer for 2-3 hours. it should become a thick, rich and meaty sauce.
step 4: once your sauce is ready, drop your fresh pappardelle pasta in salted boiling water for 2-3 minutes until cooked through. once ready add to sauce.
step 6: plate up and top with parmesan cheese