Creamy Mafaldine w/ Zucchini and Saffron
- 1 portion Dan’s Pasta Mafaldine
- 1/2 small white onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, diced into small cubes
- Sprinkle of chilli flakes
- 1 pinch saffron threads
- 1 cup thickened cream
- Olive Oil
- Heat a large pan on low to medium heat and drizzle a good glug of olive oil. Once the pan is heated, add the chopped onion and garlic.
- Stir until the onion and garlic are softened and then add in the zucchini cubes, salt, and a pinch of dried chilli flakes. Cook on a low heat for around 20 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted boiling water to boil.
- Once the 20 minutes is up, place the saffron in a glass and use a tiny bit of the cooking water (10-15ml) to mix, allowing the threads to soften. Add this to the zucchini mixture.
- Pour in the cup of cream and turn up the heat to medium so that the cream thickens. Add more cream if necessary and stir regularly.
- Add fresh Mafaldine to the boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes until al dente. Reserve some of the cooking water and drain.
- Add pasta to the the pan and toss. If required, use the reserved cooking water to loosen the sauce.
- Serve and top with grated parmesan cheese.