Pesto Cavatelli w/ Broccolini & Roasted Almonds
- 1 portion fresh cavatelli pasta
- 1 portion danspasta fresh basil pesto (1/3 jar)
- ½ bunch broccolini
- 1 drizzle garlic oil (about 10ml)
- 1 knob butter (about 25g)
- 1 handful chopped roasted almonds
- 1 handful grated parmesan (about 20g)
step 1: chop up your broccolini and blanch for 1 minute in salted boiling water. take out and set aside to cool down
step 2: drop cavetelli in salted boiling water and cook for 5-7 minutes. reserving some
cooking water, drain and set aside
step 3: in a heated saucepan, drizzle garlic oil generously and add a knob of butter. sauté the brocollini for 2 minutes. add cooked cavatelli.
step 4: add 1-2 tablespoons of pesto, splash in some reserved cooking water as necessary and give it a good stir
step 5: toss in a handful of roasted almonds
step 6: grate over the parmesan, season to taste and serve!