Cavatelli w/ Olives, Basil & Pine nuts
- 1 portion fresh cavatelli pasta
- 1 portion danspasta fresh basil pesto (1/3 jar)
- 1 drizzle danspasta garlic oil (about 10ml)
- 1 knob butter (about 25g)
- 5-6 kalamata olives (pitted and halved)
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 handful baby spinach (any green will do)
- 1 handful chopped roasted pine nuts
step 1: drop cavetelli in salted boiling water and cook for 5-7 minutes. reserving some
cooking water, drain and set aside
step 2: in a heated saucepan, drizzle garlic oil generously and add a knob of butter. sauté the spinach and tomatoes for 2 minutes. add cooked cavatelli.
step 3: add 1-2 tablespoons of pesto, splash in some reserved cooking water as necessary and give it a good stir
step 4: toss in the Kalamata olives and pine nuts, season to taste and serve!